Before registering for the SciChallenge contest, please agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Contributions should contain only material for which the authors own copyright. Clips from films or television, and music for soundtrack, can only be used if copyright permission has been granted by the copyright holders, and this written permission accompanies the video submission.
- Projects involving human subjects, human data or human testing are limited to data from pre-existing, publicly available resources; behavioural observations of unrestricted, public settings; and/or data received and recorded in an anonymous/de-identified format.
- Projects involving animal subjects or animal data are limited to the following data from pre-existing, publicly available resources; or data from observational or behavioural projects that involve animals in their natural environment or in an existing observation laboratory (e.g. a school).
- Submissions including any type of immoral behaviour such as animal torture or behaviour causing human or animal suffering, torment, stress or pain will automatically be excluded from the SciChallenge contest. Any user showing this kind of behaviour will be blocked from all Scichallenge social media sites.
- Participants are responsible for all aspects of their work’s authenticity: the research, the application, and all other documentation If a determination is made at any point that an applicant has violated rules and/or misrepresented work or attribution thereof, the SciChallenge consortium reserves the right to disqualify the entry, withhold and/or withdraw awards and/or exclude the entrant from participating in SciChallenge.
- The Scichallenge consortium cannot take over any responsibility for potential harm, risk, injury, damage or loss caused by the applicant when preparing the Scichallenge application. Participants should avoid any potential dangerous situations in the preparation of their submission. In the event of any doubt, parental or adult advice should be sought.
- Recourse to the courts is excluded.
- We have the right to modify the structure and the content of the platform. However, we cannot be held liable for information being lost or compromised as a result of events beyond our control, including but not limited to malicious acts by others etc.